Sri Chinmoy felt music was a universal language that everyone could relate to.
Music is the inner or universal language of God. I do not know French or German or Italian, but if music is played, immediately the heart of the music enters into my heart, or my heart enters into the music. At that time, we don’t need outer communication; the inner communion of the heart is enough. My heart is communing with the heart of the music and in our communion we become inseparably one.”
Sri Chinmoy. God the Supreme Musician
Many Sri Chinmoy Centres all around the world organise concerts of meditative music for the general public, in a wide variety of formats, from instrumental duets to large orchestral performances. The concerts are always given free of charge.
In April 2008, a series of concerts called Songs of the Soul began as a tribute to Sri Chinmoy’s musical legacy. These concerts feature a variety of different performances in both Eastern and Western style, and occasionally feature guest musicians.
Read more at www.srichinmoycentre.org/music
Links to other sites:
- Radio Sri Chinmoy – listen online to music of Sri Chinmoy and groups who perform music of Sri Chinmoy
- Sri Chinmoy Songs – an online database of Sri Chinmoy’s 17,000 songs, including lyrics and musical scores.
- Sri Chinmoy Music – writings and links on Sri Chinmoy’s Music
- Music Groups of Sri Chinmoy Centre at Radio Sri Chinmoy
- Songs of the Soul – Concerts offered by members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre