When we think about running, most of us think of it as a form of physical exercise – something that we do to lose weight, look better or stay healthy. Some of us like to measure how far and how quickly we can run. But running can be so much more than that. What if someone told you that running could be a tool to transform your life? This week, film-maker and inspirational human being, Sanjay Rawal, is here to do just that.
Whilst making his latest film (3100: Run and Become), Sanjay followed the most elite multi-day race in the world – the 3,100-mile race, which takes place on the streets of Queens, New York City each summer. He also followed the Kalahari Bushman and a group of Japanese Monks. What was common amongst all three groups of people was that they performed superhuman feats with the sole goal of spiritual growth. Sanjay talks about their individual journeys and what we can all learn from them.
Through physical exertion, Sanjay believes that we can all understand who we are and connect to something bigger than ourselves. We discuss how modern life presents many obstacles for us, but Sanjay explains how we can all achieve self-expansion, whether we are running or simply walking down the road. This is an incredible conversation – I think you will really enjoy it.
Find out more about 3100 Film:
- Website: https://3100film.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/3100film/?h…
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/3100film/
- Manchester screening of 3100 film, 1st Nov 2019: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/screen…
- 3100, Run and Become via Amazon: https://amzn.to/2nU50MI
Articles: BBC – Sri Chinmoy Self-Transcendence:
- The 3,100-mile race around a New York block https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/48702452
- Outside Online – This Film Gets Deep into the Spirituality of Running https://www.outsideonline.com/2358186…
Find out more about Sanjay:
- About: http://thetalentsquad.com/sanjayrawal/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrsanjayr?lang=en
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrsanjayr/?…